A superb view onto Palais Liechtenstein can be enjoyed from the windows of this building. Its large gardens are an inviting space to spend time and relax in. The house also has its own garden with biotope - equally great for winding down and having a good time.
Flats, offices and business areas
Area available for letting: approx. 1,000 m²
- Flats: 14
- Offices: 2
- Retail areas: 2
- In-house underground car park
Porzellangasse (porcelain street) in Vienna's 9th municipal district got its name from Europe's second oldest porcelain factory, which was situated here in 1727. In 1864, the entire area was taken over by the tobacco firm K. u. k. Tabakregie. The building at number 32 was developed in 1861. Franz Bezchleba commissioned the architect Karl Klaus with the planning of a three-storied house. One year later, the property was extended by a beautiful summer house. In the following years, ownership changed frequently due to donations and heritages.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the writer Mathilde Prager moved here for her literary and journalistic work. She mainly dedicated herself to translating Scandinavian languages into German. She also developed the literary essay and wrote for several magazines, usually under her penname "Erich Holm".
IG Immobilien eventually bought the house in 1994 and rebuilt it in 1995. 2016 the facade was refurbished.
Transport-wise, the property is also ideally located, and due to its small flats and its proximity to the University of Vienna, it is ideal for students. The Danube Canal and Summerstage are just a short walk away.