1060 Vienna, Mariahilfer Straße 99
Office, Commercial, and Residential Space
Usable floor space: 11,194 m²
Lettable area: 9,819 m²
In 1904 the landowner Karl Hörandner had a hotel and residential building (Palace Hotel) erected at the level of Zieglergasse by the architect Ludwig Schwartz. Ten years later, numerous modifications and extensions were made within the smaller apartments. In 1933 the business premises on the ground floor were converted into a hotel café with playing rooms. This is where people met for a game of billiards. Shortly thereafter the hotel nonetheless changed owners.
The bombs of the Second World War also failed to spare the Palace Hotel and thus left their destructive traces behind. Huge blast gaps from the first floor up to the top story made a thorough renovation essential. Its reopening was celebrated in 1947. Nevertheless, already in 1954 the Austrian Football Federation had an entirely new building erected in place of the hotel. This representative municipal hall served as an administrative and meeting building. In 1986 the Football Federation moved in the direction of the Prater and Ernst Happel Stadium. In this vast building we are renting apartments and offices on six floors. The building complex has been gleaming in new splendor since its renovation in 2001.
In 2005 the residential and office building at Mariahilfer Strasse 99 was upgraded yet further: in a conversion of a part of the attic we created four exclusive rooftop terrace apartments with a magnificent view over the roofs of the city.